Focassia bread. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Sprinkle the work surface with flour and tip the dough onto it, scraping around the sides of the bowl.
To cook the focaccia, as soon as the dough has risen, pound it, then place on a baking tray and spread it out to cover the tray. Push down roughly on top of the dough like a piano to make lots of rough dips and wells. Divide the onion and the tomato toppings over two thirds of the focaccia. You can have Focassia bread using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Focassia bread
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of warm milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 packet of yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sliced onions.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cherry tomatoes.
Focaccia recipes An Italian olive-oil bread, quite flat and usually round or square-shaped. It has an almost cake-like texture and is often flavoured with herbs such as rosemary, sage or basil,. With this easy bread, there's no need to knead. Once removed, brush the bread with the emulsion (I use a pastry brush), which makes the bread surface moist.
Focassia bread step by step
- In a bowl add warm milk, sugar, salt, yeast and 2 tsp all-purpose flour mix it cover it and keep it in a warm place so that the mixture gets frothy, it will take 30 minutes…
- After that in a mixing bowl put all-purpose flour, salt, yeast mixture and water as required knead it to make a sticky dough knead for 10 minutes then apply little oil in a bowl put this dough in it greased it with oil cover it with cheesecloth and keep it in a dark warm place until it becomes double in size…
- After that take a baking tray greased it with oil then spread bread crumbs, now gently take out the dough stretch it then put it the baking tray drizzle it with some olive oil, tucking it with fingers then put veggies, chilli flakes, fresh chopped basil, sea salt then again cover it with cling wrap until it becomes double in size…
- After that take out the wrap put it in the preheated oven at 425 degree Fahrenheit for 23 to 25 minutes or until golden…
To finish, stud the bread with fresh sprigs of rosemary and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt. Serve warm with a small bowl of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Focaccia is one of the most famous Italian flatbreads. Typical to Liguria and Genoa in particular it's often called focaccia al olio or Fugassa in Genoese dialect. Focaccia bread is made using a strong flour, such as bread flour which is high in gluten.