Corned Beef and Red Cabbage. Check Out Great Products On eBay. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders In a large, covered saucepan, saute onion in butter until softened. Stir in cabbage and cook for a few minutes.
In this traditional recipe popular for St. Patrick's Day, corned beef is slowly cooked with cabbage, carrots and red potatoes until tender and then served sliced with the vegetables on the side. This dish is much more Irish-American than Irish. You can cook Corned Beef and Red Cabbage using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and Red Cabbage
- Prepare of Cabbage.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 pound of head of red cabbage.
- Prepare of Corned beef.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 36 ounces of canned corned beef 3× 12 ounce cans.
- Prepare of Potatoes soak.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need As needed of water.
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need of Carrots and onion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of baby carrots.
- It’s of To taste seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare of Cheeses.
- It’s 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese 4 cups.
- Prepare 8 ounces of finely shredded mozzarella cheese 2 cups.
- It’s 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of Top off.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped chives.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
In a large roasting pan or dutch oven, combine the beef broth and Guinness with the homemade corned beef and cabbage seasoning mix. Place your corned beef brisket portion, fat side up, in the center of your dutch oven or roasting pan. Coat the top of your corned beef with the coarse ground mustard, then sprinkle with brown sugar. Place corned beef in large pot or Dutch oven and cover with water.
Corned Beef and Red Cabbage step by step
- Wash and peel the potatoes. I sliced very thinly using a mandolin with a crinkle cut blade..
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Slice the cabbage into quarters then remove hard core. Cover the potatoes with cool water and salt. The potatoes will absorb the salt very well so don't over salt..
- Heat the vinegar, salt, and sugar. When shimmering set aside..
- Slice the cabbage thinly. Then cut across. Toss to mix vinegar mixture with cabbage. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes at least..
- Chop the carrots, and dice the onion. Melt the butter and stir in the onions and carrots. Season with seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Sauté till fork tender. Set aside..
- In a Dutch oven add a layer of potato slices. Add first can of corned beef cover with part of cabbage mixture..
- Add onions and carrots. Cover with cheese. Cover with another 12 ounce can of corned beef. Cover with 1 cup mozzarella cheese..
- Add a layer of potatoes and the Add grated Parmesan cheese. Add the second can of corned beef..
- Add the rest of the cabbage. Cover with 8 ounces mozzarella cheese..
- Mix 8 ounce finely shredded mozzarella cheese with the last can of corned beef. Press it on top. Add the last of potatoes. Sprinkle the garlic, paprika, and chives. Put into oven for 20-25 minutes..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add the spice packet that came with the corned beef. Cover pot and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Corned Beef and Cabbage is a classic Irish-American family dinner popular to serve on St. This savory, delicious and complete meal is cooked in a Dutch Oven on the stovetop with corned beef brisket, baby red potatoes, green cabbage wedges, and carrots. Cut cabbage into four wedges and add along the sides of the corned beef.