Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread. Add onion in the same pan as you fry your chicken and quick stir. Making flatbread, add plain flour, cumin and cinnamon powder, salt and mix, add some water a little bit at time and use your hand of form it to dough. Great recipe for Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread.
A must try 😊😋 #chickenharissa #harissachicken #couscous. In a small pan, melt together the butter, harissa, honey and lemon juice. Arrange the chicken on a baking tray and pour over the harissa mixture. You can cook Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread
- It’s of couscous (I use ready made in sachet).
- It’s of hot water.
- Prepare of lemon zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of chicken breasts.
- It’s of harissa.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of butter.
- You need of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s of chilli flakes.
- Prepare of sultanas.
- Prepare of mix nuts, toasted and chopped.
- Prepare of fresh parsley, chopped.
- Prepare of Flatbread (adapted from Emily’s recipe).
- Prepare of plain flour (some more for dusting).
- Prepare of cold water (may need to add more).
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of cumin powder and cinnamon powder.
Place the couscous in a shallow bowl and pour over the hot stock and the lemon juice. Remove the chicken from the cling film, then brush all over with the harissa and season. Put the yoghurt and harissa in a bowl and mix together. Spread some tzatziki on each of the Flatbreads and top with shredded lettuce and some cooked chicken and then sprinkle with pomegranate and harissa sauce.
Harissa chicken with couscous and flatbread instructions
- Add hot water in the couscous and leave it to cook. Add butter after a couple min and mix well. Put lid on..
- Marinate your chicken with harissa sauce, chilli flakes, lemon zest and half of lemon juice..
- Add some olive oil. Pan fry your chicken until cooked both side. Once chicken cooked take them out to rest..
- Add onion in the same pan as you fry your chicken and quick stir. Transfer couscous into the pan, add 1 tsp of harissa sauce, some lemon zest, squeeze of lemon juice, sultana and nut and mix well..
- Making flatbread, add plain flour, cumin and cinnamon powder, salt and mix, add some water a little bit at time and use your hand of form it to dough. Roughly knead it until nice and smooth for 3-4 min. Place on a flat surface with dust of flour. Cut into 4 and roll them out nice and thin..
- Pan fry on dry pan for a few minutes or until both side cooked..
- Dish up : add couscous in the pan then add chicken on top. Serve with flatbread and extra lemon juice and harissa sauce if prefer.
I like to serve harissa chicken with basmati rice or roasted potatoes or sweet potatoes (which you can roast on the same sheet pan alongside the chicken!) Quinoa, farro, or couscous are great sides, too. And a crisp green salad with citrus vinaigrette is a nice, refreshing counterpart to the spicy chicken. You can also serve it with flatbread. Put the stock, tomato purée, harissa, garlic and brown sugar in a bowl. Add salt and pepper and whisk to combine.