Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes. Great recipe for Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes. Spiced, tender pancakes slipping around on dollops of a smooth brown sugar cream cheese spread. Carrot cake just became acceptable for Easter brunch!
Add the nuts and raisins, if using. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes instructions. You can cook Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes
- Prepare 1 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon , ground.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Nutmeg , freshly – grated.
- It’s Pinch of Ginger , ground.
- It’s Pinch of Allspice.
- It’s Pinch of Cardamom , ground.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Walnuts , chopped.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Raisins.
- Prepare 1 of Egg Large.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 2 Cups of Carrots , finely grated.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Butter greasing , for.
- It’s 4 Ounces of Cream Cheese , softened.
- You need 2/3 Cup of Sugar Powdered.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Cream.
- You need Pinch of Cinnamon , ground.
- You need Drizzle of Vanilla extract.
- You need of Maple syrup for topping , if desired.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cardamom. Add the nuts and raisins, if using. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. Topped off with Coconut Yogurt, desiccated Coconut & Oats, it makes the perfect go-to breakfast/healthy snack, as it is super quick & easy too!
Hot Cross Carrot Cake Pancakes instructions
- To make the pancakes, preheat the oven to 200 degrees F, so you can keep the pancakes warm between batches. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cardamom. Add the nuts and raisins, if using..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the carrots. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Let rest for 5 minutes..
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese spread. Place the softened cream cheese in a small bowl and beat with a fork until smooth. Stir in the powdered sugar, brown sugar, heavy cream, cinnamon, and vanilla extract..
- If piping crosses, fit a piping bag with a large, plain tip; or grab yourself a sandwich bag. Fill the bag with the cream cheese mixture (if using a sandwich bag, snip off the corner just before piping)..
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat, and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in it. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan and spread thin. When bubbles begin to form and pop, the pancake is ready to flip. Cook each side until golden, about 2 minutes..
- As you cook, place the completed pancakes onto an ovenproof plate/platter and place in the warm oven. Continue cooking pancakes, adding more butter as needed..
- Serve warm with cream cheese spread and syrup, if desired. Best served immediately..
Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat. Spray with coconut oil cooking spray or leave the pan dry. I'm going to show you an insane recipe for thick and fluffy Carrot Cake Pancakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!. It's important to have a steady medium heat for cooking pancakes. When griddle is hot, add a little butter.