Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern). Browse The B&Q Painting Range Today. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders!
Cut the butter into chunks and cut into the flour until it resembles course meal. If using a food processor, just pulse a few times until this consistency is achieved. Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits These Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are light, tender, and the perfect match for a slice of ham, melted butter and honey, your favorite jam, or smothered in country gravy! You can have Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern)
- You need 3 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter flavor shortening.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cold buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of WHITELILY self rising flour for rolling and dusting.
- It’s 1/2 stick of melted butter for brushing.
In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Place on a greased baking sheet. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and.
Buttermilk Biscuits (Southern) instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Using a bowl cut the shortening into the flour and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk.
- Stir the flour and buttermilk together just until combined (use a spatula this mix is very sticky) scraping sides of bowl as you go.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, dusting more flour on top and begin to spread out dough. Fold four times.
- Roll out dough to one and a 1/4 inch thickness and use a three inch biscuit cutter.
- Use small amount of shortening to grease your pan.
- Arrange biscuits slightly apart from each other (I used the leftover dough to make a special biscuit).
- Bake 10 minutes and take out of oven to brush with melted butter then bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes till golden brown.
- Brush with additional butter right after they come out of the oven they are soooooooo good ENJOY 😍.
Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut the butter and shortening into the dry. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until pea-size clumps form. Create a well in the center of the mixture by pushing the mixture toward the sides of the bowl. Sift together the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.