Corned Beef and "Cabbage". Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! A corned beef and cabbage dinner are great for feeding a large group and only requires one pot so think casual entertaining, tailgating, and potlucks.
Cover and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, decrease the heat to low and cook. A Traditional Corned Beef & Cabbage. You can cook Corned Beef and "Cabbage" using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corned Beef and "Cabbage"
- You need of Corned Beef.
- You need 2.5 lb of Corned Beef w/Packet.
- Prepare 12 of Whole Peppercorns.
- You need 2 of Bay Leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It’s 12 oz of Dark Beer (Optional).
- It’s of -.
- It’s of Smashed Potatoes.
- It’s 4 of Red Potatoes.
- It’s 1/3 of Chopped Parsley.
- You need 2 of tbps Butter.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of tbps Milk (Possibly more, until creamy).
- Prepare of -.
- You need of Brussel Sprouts (Cabbage).
- Prepare 14 of Brussel Sprouts.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chopped Kale.
- Prepare 2 of tbps Chopped Walnuts.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of stock – chicken or beef.
Corned beef and cabbage is a classic St. Patrick's Day meal, and for good reason! The combination of flavorful and tender meat with perfectly cooked vegetables is both filling and delicious. Once you have removed the corned beef from the pot, add the cabbage and any other vegetables (carrots, new potatoes) to the pot.
Corned Beef and "Cabbage" step by step
- Place corned beef, packet, Peppercorns, Bay leaves, Apple cider vinegar and beer in large pot. Add water until beef is slightly submerged. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cover with lid. Cook 15 minutes for every 1/2lb of beef.
- Cube potatoes then add to a pot. Fill with water and then bring to boil on stove. Cook potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes..
- Drain soft potatoes in colander. Put in a large bowl then add parsley, butter and seasonings. Mash with fork or masher tool, slowly add milk while mashing until desired consistency. Cover bowl with foil until ready to serve.
- Cut Brussels in half, add to pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Heat on high for 6 minutes stirring occasionally until browned..
- Add stock to Brussels then add walnuts and chopped kale. Mix together and turn off heat. Cover until ready to serve..
- Remove corned beef from pot and transfer to cutting board. Slice thin against grain. Plate Brussels, potatoes and beef and serve!.
If it is too salty, add more water to the pot. Raise the heat until the liquid is simmering well. Classic Corned Beef and Cabbage This tender, fall-apart corned beef will make your St. Patrick's Day dinner the talk of the town! Serve it with cabbage, potatoes, and carrots to make your holiday dinner complete.