Carrot cake. However, once iced with cream cheese frosting, they should be stored in the fridge. You can freeze an un-iced carrot cake for up to. Top this classic carrot cake with moreish icing and chopped walnuts or pecans.
Break the eggs into a large bowl, and lightly whisk using a fork. Whisk the oil, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and zest in a jug. Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg with a good pinch of salt in a bowl. You can have Carrot cake using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carrot cake
- It’s 3 of Carrot – (Do not boil).
- You need 3 of Egg -.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Vegetable oil -.
- Prepare 1 of tspn Vanilla essence -.
- You need 2 cup of All purpose flour -.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 3 tbspn Powdered sugar -.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of Baking powder -.
Squeeze any lumps of sugar through your fingers, shaking the bowl a few times to bring the lumps to the surface. This is a great carrot cake recipe that is easy to make. It calls for self-raising flour, carrots, walnuts and cinnamon – no other spices, pineapple, raisins, etc. The Cream cheese icing is also easy to make and really delicious.
Carrot cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree..
- Grease the cake pan with butter and all purpose flour. Keep it ready..
- In a blender, add carrot, vegetable oil, vanilla essence and egg. Grind it to a fine paste. Keep it aside..
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour, powdered sugar and baking powder. Combine well..
- Add the carrot mix into the flour and combine slowly..
- Pour the cake batter to the prepared cake pan and spread evenly. Tap it (tapping the pan releases large air bubbles)..
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 35 – 45 minutes (check by inserting toothpick at the centre of cake, if it comes out clean, the cake is done)..
- Remove the cake pan from the oven and cool it completely. Serve it with hot coffee or tea..
Feel free to reduce the amount of sugar in the cake if you prefer your cakes less sweet. I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing.