🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀. Is traditional Irish soda bread vegan? No, unfortunately, traditional Irish soda bread is made with dairy, often including buttermilk, butter, and sometimes eggs. While the oven is heating up, combine the plant-based milk with the lemon juice or vinegar and let stand for at least.
Simply add the milk and vinegar to a bowl, whisk, and let it sit for a few. To a large mixing bowl add the flour, baking, soda, and salt and whisk together. Traditionally Irish soda bread recipes are made using buttermilk which is not vegan. You can cook 🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀
- Prepare of Dry ingredients.
- You need 4 cups of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegan shredded cheddar.
- You need of Liquids.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of soy milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
However, my vegan version replaces the buttermilk with soy milk, vegan yogurt, and vegan butter. This combination emulates the action and flavour of thick, tangy, buttermilk perfectly and makes for a really delicious loaf. There are soda bread recipes that call for all different types of flour, different liquids (yogurt, buttermilk, etc.) and different mix-ins. This is a vegan version of Irish soda bread.
🍀Vegan Irish Soda Bread🍀 step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Mix the dry ingredients and liquids in 2 separate bowls..
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture slowly. Mix the ingredients carefully. Do not over blend at this step, otherwise the bread won’t be fluffy..
- Add bread mixture on a greased skillet. Use a sharp knife to cut an 'X' on top of the bread. Sprinkle some flour on top of the bread..
- Cook the bread in oven for 50 minutes..
- Delicious soda bread ready to serve!.
Patrick's Day this week, and Irish soda bread is the soda bread I'm most familiar with. I love Irish Soda Bread and would serve it all year round! But somehow we only think about it around Saint Patrick's Day. I found this recipe on the internet many years ago. I would never make another recipe, this one is so good and so easy!