Unstuffed Cabbage Roll. Search for unstuffed cabbage roll recipes. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, garlic, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
The cinnamon and nutmeg in the recipe add a pleasant and warm flavor, but they are not essential. This low carb cabbage rolls recipe is super filling and totally easy for busy nights! My family and I went on a cruise around the British Isles last year and it was a seriously amazing trip. You can cook Unstuffed Cabbage Roll using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Unstuffed Cabbage Roll
- You need 11/2 of lbs. Lean Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 of – Onion; chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped cabbage.
- It’s 1/2 of – Green Pepper; chopped.
- You need 1 can of petite diced Tomatoes.
- You need 1/3 cup of Jasmine Rice; cooked and cooled.
- It’s 1 Tsp. of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp. of Turmeric.
- You need 1/2 Tsp. of Black Pepper.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls This is a lot like my Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Soup but rather it's more of a hearty meal in a bowl vs. the soup. This also makes great leftovers for lunch the next day if you are lucky enough to have any left. The flavors just sit and soak together that much longer. Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls are for those of us who love traditional cabbage rolls almost as much as we hate the time it takes to roll them and bake them.
Unstuffed Cabbage Roll instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook rice; either by an instant pot or boiling method….let cool down..
- In a Dutch oven pot or a casserole dish.
- , mix together all ingredients well…
- Put dutch oven pot or a casserole dish in oven and cook for 30 minutes; remove from oven drain off liquid and stir; return to oven for 30 more minutes; remove from oven and drain again and stir; return to oven and cook another 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let it cool down a bit; then serve……*when done it will look like a casserole….
Bites of juicy ground beef with fluffy rice and tangy tomato sauce are irresistible and made even better stuffed inside rolled up cabbage and baked. Green Cabbage- Cut up into chunks Meat- You can use lean ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground chicken if you like. Spices-ground cumin and a good pinch of allspice bring warmth. In a large, deep skillet or dutch oven, brown ground beef, onions and garlic together. Add cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.