Basic BBQ Sauce. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the onion. Add the remaining ingredients, season and mix. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on your favourite barbecued meats. Barbecue sauce is a liquid condiment made from tomato purée, mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and spices. It is usually thick with a dark red colour, but there are several regional variations in the. You can cook Basic BBQ Sauce using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic BBQ Sauce
- It’s 3/4 c of strong brewed coffee.
- Prepare 1 c of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/4 c of molasses.
- It’s 2 T of orange juice.
- You need 2 T of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 T of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of Dijon mustard.
- It’s 2 of jalapeno or Serrano chiles, pierced all over with a fork.
- You need of to taste, hot sauce.
For a basic barbecue sauce, all you have to do is whisk together ketchup, light brown sugar, white wine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and paprika. Use this recipe when making grilled or slow-cooked meat, such as our Barbecue Pork Sandwiches. Homemade smoky barbecue sauce is perfect for sticky chicken wings, thighs and legs or roasted cauliflower. Make sure you get smoked paprika or you won't have that lovely smoky flavour.
Basic BBQ Sauce instructions
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients except hot sauce..
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently until slightly thivkened. Let cool and discard chiles. Add hot sauce to taste..
- Store in refrigerator for up to one week..
Making your own barbecue sauce is simple and quick, but results in a rich, sweet and smoky flavour which is so much better than the stuff from a bottle. Barbecue sauce can be used both as an ingredient and condiment – so get creative and make your own. related items. However, for myself and my family's tastes I added fresh finely chopped onions, minced garlic, liquid hickory smoke flavouring and some honey. Wow, to die for or what! This sauce just the way it's written is great, but it is also very forgiving so you can adjust it to your.