Cheddar Onion Soda Bread. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. In a large frying pan, heat a large glug of oil and add the onions. Stir the still-warm onions into the yogurt and add a squeeze of lemon.
Add the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Cheddar Onion Soda Bread Fruits Blueberries, banana and orange are only a few of the many fruits that you can mix in the batter. Whole wheat will surely flavour appetizing by adding fresh berries or mashed bananas. You can have Cheddar Onion Soda Bread using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Onion Soda Bread
- It’s of flour.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of baking soda.
- Prepare of butter, softened.
- You need of buttermilk.
- Prepare of confectioners sugar.
- You need of finely chopped onion.
- It’s of shredded cheddar cheese.
Make a nice loaf or muffins with these materials. Definitely not only will you enjoy the enjoyable taste of the fruits on typically the bread; they also provide vitamins in addition. Using a large spoon, mix gently and quickly until you have a nice soft dough. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Cheddar Onion Soda Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 425. Spray baking sheet with Pam Spray..
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bread flour, salt, and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Beat in the butter, buttermilk, and confectioners' sugar to make a dough.
- Gently fold in the onion and Cheddar cheese..
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a ball. Place the loaves onto the prepared baking sheet, and gently flatten to about 2 inches thick. Dust each loaf with flour..
- Bake on a preheated oven until browned, about 30 minutes. Cool on racks for a few minutes; serve warm..
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder until thoroughly combined. Beat in the butter, buttermilk and icing sugar to make a dough; gently mix in the onion and Cheddar cheese. Divide dough in half then shape each half into a ball. Caramelised Red Onion & Cheddar Soda Bread. Heat a frying pan over a low to medium heat.