Corned beef and cabbage. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! A corned beef and cabbage dinner are great for feeding a large group and only requires one pot so think casual entertaining, tailgating, and potlucks.
Corned beef and cabbage is a classic St. Patrick's Day meal, and for good reason! The combination of flavorful and tender meat with perfectly cooked vegetables is both filling and delicious. You can cook Corned beef and cabbage using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corned beef and cabbage
- It’s 1 of roast.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of beef base(I used Tones beef base).
- Prepare 1 packages of seasoning(I used the seasoning that came with the corned beef).
- Prepare 1 head of cabbage.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
Cover and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, decrease the heat to low and cook. Once you have removed the corned beef from the pot, add the cabbage and any other vegetables (carrots, new potatoes) to the pot. If it is too salty, add more water to the pot.
Corned beef and cabbage step by step
- Place roast in crock pot..
- Mix beef base with water. Sprinkle seasons on roast and add base..
- Turn crock pot on low heat. (I put mine on for 10 hours.).
- After it was done I put it on for another 10 hours..
- Once it was done, I left the crock pot on warm and started the cabbage. At this point put your oven on 350°.
- Cut the cabbage in small pieces and place them in water to get soft. Almost like a tender crisp. About 25-30 minutes. Set your burner between med and hi heat..
- Cut your bacon in one inch squares, place on baking sheet and put in oven till just cooked..
- Cabbage should be perfect. Drain water. Take bacon out of oven and put the cabbage on pan with bacon and drippings. Stir making sure everything is combined. Add your vinegar. Stir again..
- Bake for another 30 -45 minutes.
Raise the heat until the liquid is simmering well. We love this Dutch oven corned beef, but you can also make the classic dish in a slow cooker with our Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe. How to cook corned beef and cabbage. Remove the corned beef and vegetables from the roasting pan, slice corned beef against the grain and serve with juices drizzled over when plated (if desired). To make stove top corned beef Follow the directions in the recipe: add the liquids, seasoning, place the meat fat side up in a dutch oven or large pot.