Easy orange cake with orange icing. Your favourite restaurants and takeaways available on Deliveroo. Low Prices on Cake Icing Turntables. Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
Gradually add the granulated sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Easy Orange Cake with Orange Icing. Easy orange cake with orange icing Jon. You can cook Easy orange cake with orange icing using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy orange cake with orange icing
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 3/8 tsp of salt (just under a 1/2 tsp).
- It’s 1/2 cup of (also known as 1 stick or 125g) butter, softened.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbs of orange zest.
- Prepare of Icing.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, sifted.
- You need 2 tbs of orange juice (or more, if you like).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of orange zest.
I'm back on a baking kick so I thought I'd share this. This is a found recipe so I can only claim credit for the whipped cream dollop and mint leaf, though I have been known to serve it with raspberry puree as well. Oh, the original recipe called for self-raising flour instead of APF but I only have APF so I have included the baking powder and salt; if. Add eggs, orange pieces, oil, milk and sugar to a blender.
Easy orange cake with orange icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease either a 20x10cm loaf pan or a 20 cm round tin and set aside (note: I've only made this in a loaf pan)..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together thoroughly, then sift into a large mixing bowl..
- Add all the other ingredients in with the sifted flour and stir until smooth..
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake between 30 and 40 minutes (my oven is small so a tester knife came out clean after about 32 minutes or so)..
- Put on a wire rack to cool..
- Once the cake is cool, mix together the icing ingredients and, well, ice the cake, of course..
Blend well and transfer to a bowl; mix in the flour and baking powder with a spoon to form smooth cake mixture and pour mixture into prepared cake tin. Boil until reduced by half, then brush half on the upside-down cake, using a pastry brush. Spread half the butter icing over the glazed cake. Sit the other cake on top, brush with the remaining glaze, then spread with the remaining butter icing. Scatter with the reserved orange zest.