Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry. Hundreds Of Different Retro Hampers & Gifts To Choose From. From Gourmet Food Hampers To Retro Sweet Hampers, Order Your Perfect Hamper Today! From the restaurant to your doorstep.
Add the chilli, ginger, coriander stalks and sweet potato to the softened onion. Roughly chop and add the fresh tomatoes (if using) or tip in the tinned tomatoes. Add the sweet potato chunks (and pumpkin/butternut squash, if using), coconut milk, rinsed chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato purée and lentils. You can have Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of minced fresh ginger root.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained.
- It’s 10 of baby tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 of big sweet potato (cubed).
- You need 1 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red chile flakes.
- You need 1 cup of baby spinach.
Instead of the sweet potato, try adding courgette, peppers, butternut squash, mushrooms, cauliflower or green beans to this curry (at the same you you would add the sweet potato.; Swap out the chickpeas for butter beans (lima beans) or cannelini beans. You could pretty much swap for any type of tinned beans. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Add the diced sweet potatoes, full fat coconut milk, and unsweetened coconut milk and raise the heat to just above medium.
Sweet Potato Chickpeas Curry instructions
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and ginger until softened, about 5 minutes..
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, coconut milk, and sweet potato. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes..
- Season with garam masala, cumin, turmeric, chile flakes, and salt. Add spinach right before serving..
Mix to coat the sweet potatoes in all of the spices Pour in the passata, drained chickpeas, coconut milk and stock. Stir thoroughly and then turn the heat down to low so that the curry is barely bubbling. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Add the garlic, ginger, tomato puree, curry powder, cumin, coriander and garam masala and fry for a couple of minutes more. We've got everything from chicken and sweet potato curry to vegetable dhals.