Rosemary & Honey Soda Bread *GG*. Visit Our Store Today To See Our Huge Range Of Organic, Vegan, Paleo, Health & Wholefoods Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Salvia rosmarinus, commonly known as rosemary, is a shrub with fragrant, evergreen, needle-like leaves and white, pink, purple, or blue flowers, native to the Mediterranean region.
Fresh or dried leaves can be used to flavour meat, soups and many other dishes, while sprigs steeped in olive oil give it a distinctive flavour. Tea made by infusing chopped leaves in boiling water is said to help digestion. Rosemary is a fragrant evergreen herb native to the Mediterranean. You can cook Rosemary & Honey Soda Bread *GG* using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rosemary & Honey Soda Bread *GG*
- Prepare of wholemeal flour.
- It’s of plain flour.
- Prepare of buttermilk.
- It’s of sprigs of rosemary.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of honey.
It is used as a culinary condiment, to make bodily perfumes, and for its potential health benefits. Rosemary is a member of the. Rosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game, but it's also suited to fish and bean dishes. Its shrub has light blue or pink flowers and dark green, needle-like leaves that are silver on the underside.
Rosemary & Honey Soda Bread *GG* step by step
- Preheat the over to 200c/gas mark7..
- Remove the rosemary from the stalks..
- Mix the rosemary with the wholemeal flour, sieved plain flour, baking soda & salt..
- Add the buttermilk & honey then stir to mixture until all the flour is mixed in..
- On a floured surface knead until smooth, shape & add a few cuts through the top..
- Place on a lightly floured baking tray and into the oven for 40 mins..
- The bread is ready when it sounds hollow when you tap the top. When ready take out and leave to cool..
They are dark green and shiny above, with a white underside and curled leaf margins. Rosemary is a versatile herb, providing evergreen interest all year round, fragrant leaves for use in cooking, and nectar-rich flowers for bees in spring. Grow rosemary along a path, so every time you brush past, the leaves release their aromatic oils. Rosemary is a robust and most versatile herb with a flavour that complements a wide variety of dishes and ingredients. Native to the Mediterranean, its bittersweet green leaves resemble pine.